Due to the restrictions placed on racing by British Cycling the planned circuit races cannot be run in their existing form.
- The maximum time for a single bunch race is now thirty minutes.
- The maximum time for total bunch racing for the same group is sixty minutes.
- No licence points are awarded.
With this in mind the following event formats will be used in place of the advertised races.
For Women or men, senior or junior.
Women, senior or junior.
There will be, for each entry category:
- One twenty minute “sprint” race followed by
- One thirty minute “endurance” race
- This race will include a “Sprint prime” for additional points
- Scoring will work exactly as per a normal British Cycling category C+ race (i.e. top ten score points). Ten points for winner, 8 for second etc. down to 1 point for 9th and 10th.
- Unlike BC normal rules, we will apply these points even if there are less than ten starters.
- The “sprint lap” in the endurance race will award an additional 5, 3, 2 and 1 points for the first 4 over the line in the sprint lap.
- Riders will be ranked in order of points scored, most points wins.
- In the event of a points tie between prize winning final places, the finishing positions in the sprint lap of the endurance race will decide between the tied competitors.
- In the event of a tie between non-prize winning positions, the position will be tied.
Riders should return to their warm up area between their first and second race.
Prizes will be awarded on the day for the top three overall places for both the women’s and mixed races.
- 1st place £50
- 2nd place £25
- 3rd place £10