A series of 6 Friday evening races at the historic Preston Park velodrome.
All races are Regional C+, points band 5
Note that the category 4 mixed and womens 3/4 swap times each week to make it easier for people to get there from work at least half of the time.
Please read and understand the circuit race covid guidance.
Mixed Category 4
Category 4 riders only, including juniors, male or female.
Forty (40) minutes
Women Only Category 3/4
Women Only 3/4, including juniors.
Forty (40) minutes
Mixed Category 2/3/4
Category 2/3/4 riders only, including juniors, male or female.
Fifty (50) minutes
See the “Licence Points Explained” section on this page to explain the points available by race category.
See the “About” tab for more information.
Preston Park Cycling Track is situated in the northeast corner of Preston Park. Access is from Preston Drove, close to junction with Preston Park Avenue.
For satnav use postcode BN1 6LA.
“What Three Words” location “WIDE FLAT CIVIL”.
Parking is available at the north entrance and along Preston Park Avenue.
Toilets are available in the pavilion.
Info for riders
Entries will be online entry only. No entry on the day.
Entries will close at 10pm on the Wednesday before the event.
- A FULL and CURRENT British Cycling racing licence OR
- A provisional licence with the additional purchase of a day licence OR
- A day licence if you are not a British Cycling race silver or gold member.
For details on day licence prices click here.
Full licences must have the printed photographic picture of the holder OR the holder must provide another photo ID (driving licence, passport etc.).
During covid regulations this information will be required electronically prior to the event. Instructions will be given in your entry confirmation email.
During covid restrictions, you will not need to physically sign on. An “attendance register” will be taken by number before the race start.
As per British Cycling regulations, a reminder:
- Cycle specific helmets are compulsory in all races
- Riders (other than as provided in T.R. 8.1.8 and 8.1.9) shall wear Club or Region registered design and colours, as is appropriate.
- In Road and Track events, Youth, Fourth and Provisional category licence holders and BC non licence holders will be allowed to wear any suitable clothing , including that bearing registered or unregistered advertising.
- The use in competition of cameras attached to riders, cycles or helmets is prohibited, unless previously authorised in writing by the BC Board.
For full information see section 8 of the British Cycling Technical Regulations.
Those new to racing should read the British Cycling “Race Smart” advice, available at this link.
Races may have to be cancelled due to weather or other factors. The organisers will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible and will contact riders via the entry system and also through our social media channels.
Races cancelled before the start will be given full refunds, minus the British Cycling booking fee. There are no refunds once races have begun.
Withdrawals submitted to the promoter BEFORE the online entry closure can elect to move the entry to another race or be refunded, minus any booking fees.
Withdrawals after the online closure cannot be moved and will not be refunded.
This is provided as a courtesy and the promoter and Sussex Cycle Racing League reserve the right to not move or refund entries if they choose.