After a successful year in 2018, we are delighted to announce our Womens 2019 programme!
- This years’ focus is on giving a wider range of racing challenge for different riders, so this year we are going to alternate the womens races between 3/4 and 2/3/4.
- We are condensing our Friday womens Track races to three sessions and improving the accessibility for more women to race in our Wednesday evenings Track League. Details of latter will be announced soon
Sunday Morning Circuit races (road bikes)
- Don’t forget you will need to get there earlier to sign on and warm up.
- Races will be approx. 40 mins plus 5 laps.
- Booking in advance is cheaper, easier and will encourage more women to sign up
- Pay on the day is also an option but ensure you arrive early to avoid queues
- These events will be run as a series and there will be awards for places 1st, 2nd & 3rd and prizes for 1st to 6th. You need to attend a minimum of 4 weeks to be eligible and attend the SCRL awards evening which is usually in November
- Please like and check the SCRL Facebook and Twitter pages on the day of the event in case of cancellation due to poor weather.
- If you don’t have a Full Race Licence, you can purchase a day licence on the day, head over to the British Cycling website here for details (our Circuit events are Regional C+)
- For event dates, details and booking go to British Cycling events calendar here
Friday Evening Circuit races (road bikes)
- Full details coming soon, but the dates can be found on our calendar.
Friday Evening Track races (track bikes)
There will be a variety of fun, thrilling and exciting races!!
- Sign on is from 18:15, racing starts 18:45
- If you want to hire a bike click here for details, it is advisable to arrive before 18:15
- Accreditation is required, see below for details
- The events will be run as a series. There will be awards for places 1st, 2nd & 3rd and prizes for 1st to 6th. You need to attend ALL 3 weeks to be eligible and attend the SCRL awards evening which is usually in November
- Track races / details are on the BC events calendar and are pay on the day i.e. they are not pre-bookable
- Please ‘like’ and check the SCRL Facebook and Twitter pages on the day of the event in case of cancellation due to poor weather
Track Bike Accreditation at Preston Park
- Accreditation datesd can be found here.
- You need to be accredited for the Track races (track bikes), For full details on accreditation requirements click here
- Accreditation sessions are for YOU if you’ve never been on a track bike before!
- Attending at least 2 sessions will normally be needed
- Those already accredited and want to practice; these sessions are for YOU as well!
New to Womens Racing?
Read a blog from a rider who was new to racing and a regular at Preston Park in 2018
If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us. No question is too big or small, so ask away, your question will be answered by one of our friendly committee members!