The committee have formalised the rules we will be using for the roller challenge at the AGM.
Equipment and etiquette
- Bike will be provided [there will be frame sizes 49cm x 2, 52cm x 2, 56cm x 2, 58cm x 1].
- Gearing will be 48 x 15 for all bikes
- No cycle kit allowed to be worn by competitors.
- Bikes will be held on the rollers by two holders for each bike.
- It is riders responsibility to ride in an even manner to facilitate staying on the rollers.
- No restarts after the first 3 seconds from the start have elapsed.
- No mechanical assistance.
- No aerobars
- No helmets
- Entry fee £2 seniors [16 and over], £1 youth category [under 16]
- Categories [all ages relate to the day of the competition] – under 16 boys, under 16 girls, under 40 Men, under 40 Women, 40 and over Men, 40 and over Women.
- Anyone who rode senior track leagues in 2019 cannot enter the youth event.
- Event distance will be 500 metres
- Two riders race simultaneously
- Riders times determine progression to the finals
- The finals will be based on numbers entering but will consist of at least a final where there are four (4) or more riders in the category.